Now that January is almost over, if you still haven’t kept your fitness resolutions, it’s time to get serious and put health and wellness first. Here are 5 ways to stay on track for a happier and healthier you in 2023.
As we look ahead to 2023 with January almost over, it’s an opportunity to prioritise our health and well-being resolutions and make significant changes to our lifestyle. A new year is the ideal time to reflect on the past and set goals for the future. Now is the time to get serious and put health and wellness first. Small changes can have a big impact on our overall quality of life, whether they are made through diet, exercise, or stress management.
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Akshay Modi, the managing director of Modi Naturals, offered five suggestions for maintaining a healthy body, mind, and spirit in 2023:
- Modify Your Eating Patterns – Your eating patterns are a major factor in determining your general health and wellbeing. A balanced diet rich in nutrient-dense foods can lower the risk of developing chronic diseases and support a healthy weight. The right oil selection is a crucial part of a healthy diet. A discerning customer should select a cooking oil with the health benefits of olive oil, antioxidants, and a high smoke point for daily cooking from among the many available options. Because it contains antioxidants, a blended oil or multi-source oil that includes the health benefits of olive oil is the perfect oil for Indian cooking. High smoke points, which are perfect for frying and deep frying in addition to everyday cooking, are another important component. Food is healthier because of the high smoke point, which stops fatty acids from breaking down at high temperatures.
Your edible oil should ideally also include oryzanol, a strong natural antioxidant that prevents heart disease by preserving healthy cholesterol levels (lowering LDL and raising HDL). Other lifestyle diseases like diabetes, obesity, and cancer are also prevented by it. Low oil absorption is a characteristic of the ideal cooking oil that makes food lighter while maintaining nutritional value and flavour.
2. Eating Healthily Throughout the Day – Breakfast is regarded as the most crucial meal of the day. But over time, dietary preferences have drastically changed. We learned how to be more health-conscious during the pandemic era, and dietary trends have significantly changed from high-calorie foods to low-carb, low-fat alternatives. You can get the energy you need for a long day with a quick bowl of cereal and a slice of almond bread with a dollop of protein-rich peanut butter in the morning. However, each meal is significant. Lunch can be simple, consisting of stir-fried chicken, paneer, or salmon with green vegetables over rice. Dinner should be the lightest meal of the day, consisting of soups and salads prepared in extra virgin olive oil. You can also try making 100% durum wheat pasta with chicken or vegetables if you get tired of your usual fare.
- Healthy Snacking – The most popular weekend activity is binge-eating while watching your favourite Netflix show, but what are we eating? The majority of us rely on premade, high-calorie snacks. Let’s make decisions this year that are healthy for both our bodies and our taste buds. Here is a suggestion for a wholesome snack. For a traditional, efficient, and mouthwatering snack, spread peanut butter on a slice of apple or multigrain bread. A healthy alternative to high-calorie cheese or a mayo dip is peanut butter.
- Yoga and meditation – If you work at a desk all day or spend a lot of time on your laptop, make sure to maintain a strict fitness regimen. The two main exercise regimens that can make you stronger and calmer in 2023 are yoga and meditation. We have confined our bodies to strict exercise regimens for a very long time. Let’s find lighter, more fluid movements this year to replace these heavy, rigid body movements. As more people around the world experience their positive effects on their physical and mental health, they are growing in popularity. These techniques can prevent stiff muscles and lessen stress, which is a common objective of those who want to grow positively and put their attention on improving themselves.
- Put Yourself First – Make 2023 the year you finally make an investment in yourself. Aim to travel, take breaks from work that are reasonable, and spend time with friends and family every weekend. Never forget to spend at least an hour each day by yourself. Utilize stress-reduction techniques like deep breathing, music, walks, etc. Do not be reluctant to ask for assistance if you believe you require it. Discuss it with your partner, close friends, or family. Put your energy into tending to your preferred plants or animals.